The Equipment Evaluation Study module compares protective device ratings with short-circuit calculations. The program also checks for missing input data and compares continuous ratings to calculated design and operating conditions. Equipment that fails the evaluation are reported in table form and color-coded by the one-line diagrams. As with all PTW study modules, Equipment Evaluation uses the same project database, integrating all balanced and unbalanced/single-phase study modules, and allowing you to examine existing projects without additional input requirements.
- Helps you design safer and more cost effective power systems.
- Reduces mistakes by systematically comparing continuous and short circuit currents to equipment ratings.
- Saves you time by making all de-rating adjustments and by summarizing all of the necessary data into a single easy-to-read table.
- Saves you time by flagging the equipment that are in the marginal range or failed in the rating checks.
- Saves you time by running all related studies in one click.
- Increases flexibility by allowing user defined criteria for pass/marginal/fail.
- Increases flexibility by evaluating short circuit ratings, continuous ratings, or both.
- Communicate designs more effectively with professional reports and annotated one-line diagrams.
- Intuitive graphical interface enables navigation of device type and generation of study results and reports.
- Study Results can be printed in a concise Report format or exported to an Excel-compatible spreadsheet.
- Choose from Equipment Evaluation Reports and Datablocks or graphically identify equipment that fails the evaluation in a color-coded one line diagram.
- Clear and concise reporting of all equipment in a system enables easy diagnosis of potential problems. Sort results by device type, status, bus, voltage, ampacity, and more.
- Input data evaluation and reporting to identify missing data or errors in input data.
- Continuous rating checks include cables, transformers, transmission lines, buses, generators, protective devices, panels, and protective devices on individual panel circuits.
- Short circuit interrupting and withstand rating checks for protective devices, buses and schedules.
- Choose between balanced and unbalanced study results, protection and non-protection device types.
- Choose between bus or branch fault study results from ANSI, IEC, or comprehensive fault analysis methods for evaluation.
- Equipment evaluations can be performed based upon used-defined limits or system defaults.